How to read an analysis chart
In my analytic chart, there are some of my own diagramless way.
- II → V
- V →I
- Optional change (Chord) or substitute change
- II → V substitution
- V → I substitution
- Modulation: “-” means minor key. If there is an arrow, it means scope of a modulation.
- Subdominant minor: I put this mark to distinguish subdominant minor funtion.
- Section repesat: I use this notation to express a section repeat and the number means the number of bars, because sometimes the last 4 or 8 bars are different from the previous same section, then I put the different change with this notation.
- Deceptive cadence
- Key(s) which are played often